A successful dinner party doesn’t demand anything elaborate―just simple food, good company, and a convivial setting.
- Be prepared with all your outdoor plates, cutlery and drink containers stashed neatly together in a picnic set.
- If you are planning a real charcoal barbecue or want to set the outdoor fire alight, keep your barbecue safety lighter
- A market umbrella not only has the obvious task of providing shade, it also helps define your outdoor dining room.
- Comfortable chairs are a must if you want to enjoy the evening until late.
- Create warmth for when the night cools – try an outdoor fire, overhead heating or gas burner.
- Create ambience with themed decorations. Try a starfish tied to a basic napkin ring for a beachy feel or a single rose on each napkin establishes a pretty floral theme.
- As darkness falls, provide plenty of lighting. Lend an ethereal effect with LED lighting balls , LED wine bucket or LED flower pots that double as ice containers to keep your drinks cool as darkness falls.
- Master the music – turn up the radio or have a playlist ready on a jukebox.
- Entertain the kids – and your guests - with traditional games – Try these…. Boules, croquet, quoits, giant Garden Jenga or even portable badminton.
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: barbecues, jenga, jukeboxes, outdoor lighting, picnic, summer entertaining, traditional games, umbrellas